So the sad story is I am WAY behind in my Rain cards for two people on the Magnolia-licious Group. They were due in July but I wasn't able to get them made. I have started with one here and will do another tomorrow and then do the August Rain.............I can't say I am sorry enough to the two ladies who haven't yet received their cards.
Since I haven't got the new Summer Stamps as yet, and so many are making gorgeous cards with them. I decided to go in another direction and make a Halloween Card.
I had some fun with this one - I think Edwin is a doll in his costume :o)
Here are some close ups for you:
And for the first time I have taken a picture of the Copics that I used!
I always thought that I used so many and that was incorrect - but I now see other girls use about the same amount - so decided to show them also.
Stampin' Up basic black card stock - 11" X 5 1/2 "
Orange DP that came with the Halloween Paper - I cut it 5 1/4 sq. and then used Orange Peel Stickles around the four edges of the paper. It was then attached to the black card.
I then cut the DP made by Bo Bunny ( 2008 ) and fussy cut the corner that I liked the best at 5" sq and used the Orange Peel Stickles to fill in parts of the pumpkin eyes, noses and mouths - but not all - just the part that was bright orange in colour.
I also fussy cut another DP that came with the Halloween set with my largest oval Spellbinder ( I only have the small set ) used demensional stickers to raise it off the background DP.
" Halloween Edwin " was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with my Copics and cut out. He was also raised with demensional stickers. I added Diamond Stickles to his hair, his bag and his Dracula Coat.
Don't you think the bat is the cutest?? All Magnolia stamps were purchased from Diana - and her address is on the right hand side of my blog. I painted the bat with Copics also and used the same Diamond Stickles to add interest to him.
For the inside of my card I used the same DP as I used for the oval on the front, for the left side. I stamped the bats (from PrintWorks) and the Halloween Tree with owl from SU - Set House of Haunts - with Stampin'Up basic black ink and then used clear embossing powder and heated it to make it shiny. The right side of the card was left black and I just added a bat sticker for the jotting place, plus two corner stickers to match the DP.
Hope you think this is a fun card. Many big thanks for looking at my blog today. I love to hear your comments on how I am progressing in my work :o)