Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Saturday !! There is a SALE at the Town Scrapper...

Hi everyone!
Phebe has a sale on at ' The Town Scrapper ' , it actually started yesterday and goes to June 10th!
Here are the details:

Buy 1 GET 2nd 50% OFF!!

ON ALL STAMPS, EMBELLISHMENTS AND FLOWERS!!

Also NEW in : All the latest Whiff of Joy!!

Nestibilities are 2 for $45.00 or $24.50 each!!

Cuttlebugs are 50% off!!!

***I also must tell you that Phebe has been chosen to sell the new stamps that are out called:
"MOTIVET"!!!! ***
Have you heard of them? Have you seen them???

WELL I just happen to have one made into a card for you today to see.....

I fell in love with this little nurse LOL! She reminded me of long ago nursery stories when I was a young girl - we won't go into details of when that was LOL LOL

So I did the card up so it would look a bit old and used.
The DP is Basic Grey : Bittersweet
Matching red card stock - Off white card stock.
I used my Coluzzle to cut the image with because I only have the small oval Nestibilities :o(
I copied the definition of NURSE out of an old dictionary and typed it on off white Card Stock in brown ink. Then I set up to destroy it to look old; using my scissors, tearing it, wrinkling it all up, sanding, and then using brown ink to touch it up here and there and then dropping some alcohol ink on it - I used Tim Holtz Ranger products.
Copics were used to colour the image and I used crystal lacquer on her shoes.

Here she is :


and. yes the definition is on crooked on purpose.

Here is a closer look:


Here she is up close:




I sure hope you have enjoyed this little card today. Be sure to get in touch with Phebe at the
'THE TOWN SCRAPPER' - upper left on my blog - for her SALE info, MOTIVET Stamps and also her blog!
Be seeing you real soon with more of Phebe's stamps.
Have a great weekend everyone.....
Love Candy









6 comments:

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

That is such a cute card. The little squirrel is adorable and I never would have thought of the definition idea! It really looks like you tore it out of an old book. Awesome job!

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely adorable, Candy!! That little stamps is just too cute! Awesome distressing!! I love it!
hugs!
Sharon

Laurel said...

Too cute Candy!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness is this a beauty Candy! I absolutely LOVE it! I am definitely going to have to check out those stamps too! BEAUTIFULLY done! You are a pro hun!!!! Hope you have wa wonderful Sunday!
Hugs~ Kim

Norma said...

Candy, this is gorgeous. That stamp image is soo.. cute. Love the colour scheme you used here. And hey, I just bought the same Basic Grey DP too. LOL.

Hugs.
Norma xx

cabio's craft corner said...

I like the distressing technique you used to create the vintage effect!
Hugs,
Cabio