Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Long time no see..........

Hi everyone!

Lots going on here and it has been difficult for me to make cards.

I did make one for my son, Shawn and his family to welcome them to their new home this Friday and then I forgot to take pictures of it. I was in a big hurry to get it on it's way........

Anyway, tonight I have made another card for 'The Town Scrapper' This is another CC Rubber Stamp image called ' Sea Shell Trevor ', he is so cute!!! I have used design paper that Phebe sent me and I coupled it with Turquoise blue and white card stock. I used my Nestibilities label One set - the largest die, and stamped little Trevor right on it. The sun is a stamp from Magnolia and it was stamped coloured and cut out and then mounted with dimensionals. The sentiment is from CC designs as well and was cut out with my punch and then a blue one was cut and mounted behind it.
This time I only added a few seed beads to the sand and two sea shells, and of course, Trevor's sun glasses that he has just dropped on the sand in his excitement to find these extra large sea shells.
All colouring was done with my Copics. I made a navy knot - or sea knot with some Macrame cord and attached a metal shell to it.

Here is Trevor at the sea shore:



I took a couple more close up pictures for you:



and :



This last little picture is for my dear friend Deb to check out as well as the rest of you. I don't have the money to have a special stamp designed for me - so I made this one up myself for the back of my cards. If any of you have a comment about it - I would love to hear it. Please let me know what you think. Too much information - not enough - the wrong kind???






Thank you all so much for coming to visit and giving me your advice! Hope to see you sooner rather than later next time :o)
Love Candy




12 comments:

Phebe Meeder said...

Looove the card it is stunning!!
Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Candy, the card is beautiful. I love your talent.
Regarding your question, I would take my phone number off the seal... do you really want your phone number out there?

Anonymous said...

They are both beautiful cards Candy...You are so talented.. but I agree I would take my phone number off the card and your blog as well...too make crazy's out there....maybe put a hotmail etc email addy instead..that way they can connect with you but you can delete the crazys xox

Sharon Caudle said...

Candy, I LOVE the card! That image is so precious, and I just love that sun stamp! Your coloring is wonderful and I really like that shell charm! For your seal stamp, I would definitely remove the phone numer, and also blur it out on your post here. I don't think that's info you want to share with the whole world on the internet. Instead, I would replace it with your blog web address. They can always contact you that way. HUGS!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Candy, your card is very beautiful and that little boy is so precious! Great job!

I had a local lady make me up some sticker labels (they were cheap and she did all the work) I had her put my phone number but it was small and my full address so people could contact me for my business but also so they could rak me if the wanted to. Hope that helps. Great idea coming up with your own seal though.

Karyn

Jacque said...

Cute cute card, Candy...we both must be thinking of the beach!! Likewise I would definitely remove my phone number...and like Sharon suggested...even having it on this site is not safe...Remember not long ago you had some crazy leave a comment?? Hugs for you...Jacque

Char said...

Candy,

Love the card!!!! It's adorable.

As for your stamp for the back of your cards, I agree with everyone else...my first thought was to get rid of the phone number. Other than that....it's GREAT!!! Good for you in coming up with your own design.

Hugs,
Char

Kathie Bailey said...

Candy, this card is just too cute.I love the little details!

I agree with previous posters. I would leave my phone number off and insert my email address instead.

Cami said...

Candy, you have created a very cute card! I love the beach scene with all those pretty shells... all those elements really brings your card up a notch and I can almost feel like I'm there on the beach. Your coloring is superb! Great card. Hugs, Cami

Glenda Mollet said...

The stamp is great Candy, your work is inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Adorable card, love the little sunglasses and you colors are so pretty! Thanks for taking part in the Challenge at Scrappy Frogs.

Anonymous said...

Candy this is a great stamp! How did you make your own stamp? It will be a great addition to your cards.
Hugs,
Pam