Monday, June 15, 2009

Tilda takes a vacation......

Hi!!

DON'T FORGET THE SALE AT *THE TOWN SCRAPPER* UNTIL FRIDAY JUNE 19TH
Give Phebe a call or email and let her know what you would like :o)

Well Tilda is real tired of the city in all this heat and decided that now is a great time for a vacation. She is going to take the bus into the country with the hope of cooling off and just do nothing for a couple of weeks!!! I would love to join her how about you?? The only trouble is the bus is taking forever to get here...........how long does she have to wait?????
The DP is American Crafts - The colour of Memories. Card stock is SU Summer Sun and Taken with Teal. I used parts of the Magnolia stamp - 'summer background'. The grassy hill I made myself. Other stamps are 'Traveller Tilda' and 'Magnolia Suitcases'. I coloured with Copics, and did a tiny bit of paper piecing on her blouse and purse.


Here she is waiting for the bus!!



Here is a closer look at tired and flustered Tilda with her pink cheeks:



Here you can see her sitting on one of her suitcases:


Here is the inside of the card:
Sure hope that bus comes soon. It is getting late and I don't want Tilda out in the dark.......
Hoping you all have a great week!
Love Candy



25 comments:

Denise said...

Tilda can take her trip down here to Florida! I am just miles away from the beach! She is going to have to take a faster mode of transportation to be able to enjoy herself faster!

What a cute card!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

super cute card! I love all the colors and the little background scene.

denise said...

Love your blog! The name of it, the theory behind chocolate! Are we twins? Super cute Tilda card. Lots of details really sets this card apart!
Denise.Crosby@yahoo.com

cabio's craft corner said...

Great bright yellow background and cute houses & cloud cut outs. The wonderful colored Tilda seem very relax too!
Hugs,
Cabio

Barb Hardeman said...

How absolutely fabulous! What a darling card...your coloring is just perfect. Bye bye Tilda, have a fun time....

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Candy, this is so cute!
I love everything you made on your card!
and yes, I want to get a ride on Tilda's bus.. Is the bus stopping over in S Paulo, Brazil?? lol
Hugs
Vivi

Anonymous said...

cute...love the houses and suitcases!
great card!
Pam Going Postal

Sharon Caudle said...

Soooo adorable, Candy!! I really love the scene you created! The background looks amazing and Tilda is just way too cute! Love it!!
hugs!

***HeatheR*** said...

what a creative card! the hill and cut out houses, clouds and suitcases are just too cute. I love how you always embellish the inside of the card too!

Sheri said...

That DS paper is just too cute ..perfect for your precious little Tilda, flushed cheeks and all!

Jodi said...

Have Tilda head on over for a vacation here in Hawaii!! =) This is just adorable!! I love the scene you created for her!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Christina C. said...

Totally cute card, Candy. Hugs, Christina

Anonymous said...

I love it! She made me smile. Your use of the dp houses is wonderful.

Shawn said...

She looks very patient waiting for her ride, quite adorable in fact. Great composition. I like how you split the suitcases, clever! Love the inside especially the liitle bird, so cute.

hugs,
Diana

Nancy said...

Candy great job I love the little scene and Tilda just looks adorable and ready for a nice long vacation. Wish I could go with her!

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Just love it, great job.

Suzan L said...

Hi Candy, This is such a cute card!! I love how you created the hill with the houses going around it!! Hugs, Suzan

Justliketink said...

Wonderful card! I love the vibrant colors you used....great scene too!

Norma said...

Candy, WOW. stunning card. Love your scene card. You've put a lot of work on this one. Very creative and I love the inside of your card too.

Hugs.
Norma

ChrisaBella said...

This is so stinking cute! You did a wonderful job!

Jacque said...

aw, what a cute card...I love that Tilda image and your coloring is wonderful...what a clever and cute scene you created for her...Hugs..Jacque

PBrown9624 said...

Hey Tilda ~
Take me! Take me!I NEED a vacation! Have fun on your travels! Your card is adorable...very nice coloring and love the scene.
Pam Brown

Laurel said...

Candy; This is a fantastic scene!! Tilda is super cute and I love your coloring!! Hugs

DebH said...

Oh gosh... I just love this design! You have such a wonderful way of putting things together. Of course your coloring is fantastic. Your card is so very cute!

Heather said...

Hi Candy, I just love all your cards, you are so creative, and I am one of the lucky ones who receives cards from you.
Love BFF, Heather