Sunday, October 25, 2009

Clean and Simple Challenge Card

Hello! Hope you all had a nice weekend. It is raining at my house today.....

I have made a card for the CAS Challenge on the Magnolia-licious Highlights Blog. Please go and have a look at the cards the Design Team has made they are delightful. Also the rules for a Clean and Simple Card are on the blog. There is even a show of all of the entries too!
This is my card:


I am sorry that I still don't have my photo editing program working - I am going to need some help with it!!

I took another picture so you can hopefully see the sparkle on the card:

You can see my shadow in both pictures - oh my!!!!
I have used a plain red card stock and a shimmer white card stock and I have no idea who the maker of either is. I am using up old stock I have had for ages. I did run my shimmer white through my Cuttlebug and used the Snowflake Design. My image is Santa from Magnolia. I have coloured him with my Copics. I only have 3 reds and I used them all : R29 - R27 - R 24. I have used my Atyou Spica pens in Silver for his belt buckle and in clear for his beard and hair - I sure hope you can see it. Looks real nice in person. I have also added Sparklyfluff for the trim on his coat and hat. This is the first time I have used it - love it. So easy to apply!
I have chosen to keep the front of the card REALLY simple and have put my sentiment on the inside.
Thanks so much for having a look.
Love, Candy
Candy Mills

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candy! I thought I'd check your blog before going to bed and I'm so glad I did. Your Santa card is just adorable! The shimmer snowflake background really looks nice too. You're already ahead of me getting Christmas cards made!

Cami said...

Candy, this Christmas card is so adorable! I love how you colored Santa and the embossing on the card. Great take on the CAS! Hugs, Cami

cabio's craft corner said...

Candy, I love it. It's CAS, yet I love the texture around the frame!
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

Candy...What a great CAS card! Love the Santa and all the sparkle! You did a fabulous job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card! Beautifully coloured!

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Candy, your card is just GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT VERY MUCH!
your coloring is awesome!!
and I hadn't notice your shadow if you hadn't mention it!! lol
Well done!!
xoxo

Angelwood said...

Wonderful card! Love how you colored him and especially the sparkly fluff on his coat trim! hugz, Angela

Lisa T said...

Adorable! Great job coloring him in. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Candy - super cute Santa! Taking photos can be such a trial. I don't use photo software, I downloaded a trial and could not see at all what to do! So...I just deal w/it, even though I wish it could really capture the colors the same way I see them! happy stamping!

Jodie from Oz said...

Candy, Your CAS Santa card is beautiful. Love the embossing and your colouring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Ila said...

This is Gorgeous!!...fabulous coloring and design!..Hugs, Ila

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Candy, you did a wonderful job on your Clean and Simple Card. I love that image and he's perfectly colored. Your packages have such depth to them. The texture, the sparkle all are just gorgeous...hugs...Barb

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Candy! Clean yes, Simple...I dunno...looks like a lot of work went into that beautiful Santa!
Hugs,
Pam
http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

Suzan L said...

Candy, Your CAS card is so wonderful!! I love the snowflake embossed background and Santa is colored in so nicely!! Simple, but beautiful!!
Hugs, Suzan

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Love this clean and simple card!! It is so adorable, the embossed background really sets it off! Great card!

Patricia Garcia said...

Wow AWESOME card, love the embossing and the Santa is a Cutie!!

Hugs,
Paricia

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Candy! I love that Santa and you have colored him beautifully!!! I know I keep saying this, but I am really loving this clean and simple style! It really allows the image to just shine! Love your embossing too! hugs!

Unknown said...

Ooooo the embossing behind Santa is really nice! Great coloring too.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Super Duper Santa CAS card Candy--I adore it! Beautiful coloring as well--holiday loveliness! Thanks for joining in w/ us on the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne

cats whiskers said...

How sweet is this, love the image and the great colour scheme
Hugs Jacqui x

Norma said...

Candy, beautiful card. Love the embossed paper. Cute Santa image--beautifully coloured. Love your CAS card. You did a great job with it.

Hugs.
Norma

Kerry D-C said...

Candy, this is AWESOME!!!! So pretty!! Love the shimmer!

ChristineCreations said...

What pretty coloring on this card! Your Santa looks amazing!