Monday, December 28, 2009

My challenge for Magnolis-licious Challenge Blog

Hello!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas?!!
Can you believe it is going to be 2010 in a few days. Where in the world did that DECADE GO??

I am later than I intended to be - but not too late for the Challenge over on Magnolia-licious Challenge blog! I haven't even had a chance to look at the other entries yet. But will do so as soon as I have posted this card.
I guess I was tired cause I found it hard to come up with a shape - LOL...... So silly - I know!
In the end I made a simple Christmas stocking. I folded my white card stock in half and cut out the shape. The card is attached in two places: the cuff and a bit of the heel. I felt it would be safer that way than in just one place. I used left over design paper I had on hand and some left over pink that matched. I used my new 'Sparkling Tilda' stamp - I absolutely LOVE the sparkling head band :o)

I glued my design paper onto the white card stock and then glued the cuff, heel and toe onto the design paper.I used SU Regal Rose Ink to darken the edges of the DP. I then hand stitched the whole stocking with double hand embroidery thread.
I found in my stash some rub on's I had never used they were sticky ones that you have to put something over once they are attached. So I put SU Dazzling Diamonds over them. They are the 'Joy to the World" sentiment as well as the two snowflakes on heel and toe. I also added a dark pink rhinestone to the centre of the two snowflakes. I used 'Sookwang' tape that I cut very thin to add the pompom ribbon to the bottom of the cuff. It wanted to fray a lot, so I gently dipped each cut end into Crystal Laquer to stop that. I coloured my beautiful Tilda with Copics. Put ' Stardust' Glitter Ritz on her headband thickly as I wanted it to be 3 dimensional. I also put Dazzling Diamonds on her wings that had been lightly coloured with BGOOOO first. She is attached also with Sookwang tape. And looks over the top of the stocking. Here are some further pictures to hopefully show you the glitter on the rub on's.





Sorry for taking so many pictures! With my photo-editing program not working I am never sure what you are going to be able to see.
This was a fun project and I thank Cheryl Rowley for thinking of this one.
Keep well - keep safe - Love Candy






26 comments:

Myrna said...

Candy, This little Tilda is so cute. Love all the extra goodies you did. Sounded like a lot of work. Well worth it, adorable.

cabio's craft corner said...

Candy, it doesn't seem hard for you to come up with this beautiful ornament. It's so precious and love the great choice of Tilda's image for this. Pink is my favorite color which makes this even nicer :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so adorable. LOVE that is is pink! Fantastic coloring too!

Anonymous said...

wonderful Candy, so cute! love the pink and the stitching is the perfect added touch! Your Tilda is adorable!
Pam Going Postal

Barb Hardeman said...

Your stocking card is utterly divine, Candy! Your stitching is fabulous and the added bling is scrumptious! You couldn't have picked a better image for this sweet card...best of luck in the challenge...hugs...Barb

Vivi Casale said...

aww Candy, this is absolutely gorgeous!! stunning! I just love love it!!!
hugs & kisses

Vivi

Sharon Caudle said...

BEAUTIFUL, Candy!!! I love the shape and the pretty colors you used. Also love all the bling and OOOOOOOOHHHH that stitching!!!! Awesome job, my friend! hugs!

Peggie said...

Super cute.

Christine said...

Very cute stocking, Candy! I still haven't done this challenge, I need to get my thinking cap on :)

Patti Jo said...

Tilda is cute peeking over the cuff! Great job on your Shaped card challenge!

Anonymous said...

Oh Candy your card is just adorable! What a pretty job you did on not only the shape design but also on those perfectly spaced hand stitches and all the little extra touches you added to make it special. Gosh, what a lot of work - but the results are really worth it!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

Candy is gorgeous!! so much detail.I love the colors.Super
cau-te!!!

Krista said...

This is just lovely Candy!!

charlene said...

Candy what an adorable little ornament, great job on the coloring and everything.

Patricia Garcia said...

Absolutely stunning, love the pretty shape and colors! Tilda is colored so nicely too! Great stitching!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Nancy said...

Candy your stocking is adorable! Love Tilda see looks so cute!
Hugs,
Nancy

Eulanda said...

This is so cute! I love the shape and having Tilda at the top is so cute!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year!

Cheryl said...

Candy, your little stocking angel is completely adorable! Love the dp and your wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining in on the shape cards!

Shawn said...

What a darling card, expert stitching and love the popcorn trim. ADORABLE!!
hugs, Diana

Norma said...

Candy, your stocking card is so cute. Love the adorable Tilda image. Your stitching is perfect and wonderful colouring work.

Hugs.
Norma

Kim said...

Candy that is ADORABLE! Love the stocking and of course love that it is pink!!! :) Gorgeous Tilda! Stunning creation! Hope you had a blessed holiday and a wonderful new years to come!
Big Hugs~ Kim

Unknown said...

Very cute stocking!! Love the pink.

Loraine ou Tilard said...

Ohhhh! So cute your pinkie sock! Wow! Great idea! Hugs Loraine

Paola said...

This is wonderful!
So cute. :-)

Warm greetings
Paola

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

This is too cute!!!

xoxo,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.