Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hello - hello!

Hi everyone! I bet you thought you had heard the last from me?? I am sorry that I have been missing in action. I have been working on cards - just wasn't able to post any until the dates of the occasions had passed. So in the next week you should see a couple more.
This card I made for Glenda - those of you in the Magnolia-licious group will recognise her name. She is my friend and lives about 5 minutes from me :o) Glenda's Birthday is on May 4th, but she opened her card this morning as she won't be home next week.
This was a White on White Challenge from 'Sassy Cheryl's' group - but I really wanted to make a Magnolia card with it.
Details: Tilda with Gifts # 249 from Diana; Frosted Lace Stickles on apron lace - both sleeves and bottom as well as on purple dots on gift; various Cuttlebug Folders; razor blade on edge with image and on inside sentiment; white hand embroidery thread; SU small tag punch; SU white silk ribbon; MS white large and medium pearl, sentiments computer generated.
Here is the front of the card:
A peek at the details:






And the inside:

Copics used: Skin: E0000,E000,E00 ~ Cheeks: R20 ~ Knees: R30 ~ Hair: Y11,Y21,YR21, YR24 ~ Dress and socks: BV0000,BV01, BV02, BV04 ~ Apron and hair ribbons: R08, R27, R29 ~ Shoes: E30, E33, E35 ~ Bottom gift: YG11 - YG25, YG17, Y21, YR21, YR24 ~ Middle gift: RV02, RV06, RV09, V12, V15, V17 ~ Top gift: B0000, B01, B06, YR02, YR04, YR07 - Ground shadow: C0, C1, C3 and Shadow around Tilda is Y0000
I hope you like this one.
Many thanks for coming to look at it.
Have a great rest of the weekend.
Love, Candy

25 comments:

Peggie said...

Very pretty. The white really makes Tilda stand out.

Glenda Mollet said...

Candy, I feel so privileged to have received one of your Magnolia cards. This one is truly special, thank you so much, my friend.

StampingbugKerry said...

I love white cards and this card is fabulous. The beautifully colored image takes center stage!

Kerry

Anonymous said...

How nice that you gals live so close to each other.... I have one Magnolia loving friend close and one just 25 miles away...sure makes it fun! Adorable card Candy...cute little Happy Birthday tags too!
Pam Going Postal

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Candy! I'm sure Glenda loved it! Anyone would! Love the white on white and the embossing looks awesome! And of coure Tilda is colored beautifully! Have a great weekend!
hugs!
Sharon

Sandy said...

Hey Miss Candy - I love the red on white ..Glenda is one lucky gal!
Nice card - sandy d.

paola said...

Beautiful! Great job on the white on white something i have never attempted
smiles
Paola

Barb Hardeman said...

I love the use of color on the white on white! Your coloring is delightful and I know that Glenda is going to be thrilled...

Gloria Dawson said...

Beautiful Card! Love the white on white and the embossing was a perfect touch....great job on your coloring too!

megline said...

Beautiful card, very cute,
Hugs, Line

Cami said...

Beautiful white on white with the focal image being beautifully colored! Great job! Hugs, Cami

Lisette Morris said...

I love the white on white it really makes Tilda POP! beautiful card!

charlene said...

Candy what an adorable card ! I love the monochromatic themes...and how fun to have a craft partner so close
Hugs

Myrna said...

Love your white on white. It makes your Tilda so striking. Awesome job.

Patti Jo said...

Your friend will cherish this pretty card! Love how you added the stars and the little tags. Beautifully done Candy!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful! Fab colouring.

xoxo,
Lori

Bengelmama said...

Wow, what a beautiful card

Nadine

Karen W said...

Candy, your card is amazing.

Kathy Gerace said...

What a great, clean and simple, yet elegant card! I love embossed white and you did a marvelous job on coloring Tilda.
Kathy Gerace

Cissy said...

Very sweet card! I really like that stamp!

~Cissy

Laurie Flannery said...

Very cute. Love the white background.
Laurie

cabio's craft corner said...

This is such a sweet Tilda card and your coloring is so delightful. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love all the embossing. The background really makes Tilda pop!
Hugs,
Shell

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

OHHH I AM IN BIG TROUBLE CANDY!!!!!!! OH HOW COULD I!!! I am so emberrased CANDY I HAVEN'T FOLLOWED YOU???!! I just pinched and punched myself.Your one of my best bloggers and i am emberrased i didn't come by your corner.UGH (SHAKNG MY HEAD IN SHAME) I swear i will do my best to come by your corner more often.Candy Candy you are sooo sweet.Look at this card so UTTERLY GORGEOUS!!I came from the lucky gal that got this card.I said Candy did it hmmm which candy so i folloowed the link and that's how i realised i haven't been here.CAN YOU TELL I'M SO ASHAMED LOL!!! I will add you to my side bar now hun!LOVE ALWAYS RubyM:)

Jodie from Oz said...

Candy, wow, love this sweet Tilda, your card is beautiful and Im sure your friend loved it. The embossing is wonderful. hugs Jodie from Oz