Saturday, May 16, 2009

Good Evening!

I have finally managed to make a challenge card for Magnolia-licious. The challenge is to make one of our Tilda's with wings, so she is a Butterfly.

I have to be honest and tell you this was a very hard challenge for me. An awful lot of the girls have had their card done for a while now and looking at them in all of their splendor really got to me. I had to make mine different somehow and it took me forever to decide what to do.

This afternoon I just had to GET TO IT. I hope I used an image that no one else has used. I chose to use 'Lucia' from the Winter 2008 Collection. She holds a candle 'in real life' LOL - I cut the candle out and placed a flower in her hand instead.

Card Stock: Stampin' Up ~ Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery
Design Paper: Imaginise: Oopsie Daisy
Velum: Light weight clear with white polka dots.
Copics - colouring
Ribbon: local hobby store ~ white with edge and pink satin
Punches : MS fancy lace and butterfly ( 3 )
Paint: LuminArte ~ Chiffon Pink, Ceramcoat white acrylic
Stickles : Star Dust
Stampin'Up Die : Beautiful Butterflies ( borrowed from a friend )
Flower bunch : Hobby store on the Mainland
Coluzzle Cutting System : Oval
Fiskars Scissors : Decal Edge
Mini glue dots and double sided tape

I cut paper and ribbon as usual and attached to DP and then to card stock. Die cut butterflies onto heavy paper and traced one set of wings onto light velum and painted velum with LuminArte - when it was dry I put a drop of Stickles on each polka dot. I cut the wings in half and attached them to Tilda's back after colouring her. They were attached with 3D tape. Tilda herself is attached to the card with more 3D tape. I shaped the butterfly wings by hand and also curled up the top and bottom portions by wrapping velum around my paint brush. Cut a flower off a stock and taped it into Tilda's hand. The white ribbon was put on the DP first and then the pink ribbon was attached afterwards.

The inside of the card was made with the same DP but I used both sides of it on the left hand side. Shaped the punched out butterflies and painted them with white acrylic paint. On the right hand side I cut the design paper 1/2 inch too large and used the MS border punch on one side so that when the card is closed you can see the lacy cut of the paper. I cut the green card stock with my Coluzzle Oval and then cut it again with my Fiskars Decal Edge Scissors. I made a bow with a large piece of the pink ribbon and attached it with mini glue dots.

Here are a few more pictures that I hope will show the shimmer and stickles on her wings:

Here is the inside of the card:

I hope you like this card.....Thank you so much for visiting my blog I love it when you leave comments :o)

I wish all of you a wonderful long weekend here in Canada.

Love Candy

Hello on Saturday Morning!

Hope everyone is doing well and has plans for the long weekend here in Canada.

This morning's post is going to be short and sweet as my camera needed the batteries changed and I wasn't able to get the good shots I wanted.

This card is for the House Mouse group I am on. Each month we are given two people to make a card for and we also have to send them two stamped images. I did my first one for May a long while ago and it is in my blog but down f a r ........
Both the cards went postal this morning

Here is the front of the card:

Here is the inside:

I used left over DP from the first House Mouse Card I made and also used Stampin'Up paper as my card stock. The colour I choose was: Tempting Turquoise. I stamped both the House Mouse Image and the sentiment on to 'Gina K's Pure Luxury Card Stock' and painted the Mice with my Copics. Both images were backed by the same Tempting Turquoise paper. I raised the sentiment and the House Mouse Image with 3 D tape. Found this neat ribbon at Micheals and although it feels very different it is easy to use and make into a knot.The left side of the inside panel finished my DP and I added a small ring and a circle of TT paper once again with a small portion of the stamped image - just the bear being mended, with crystals around it in pink. The right side I stamped with 'The Fall Frame' from Magnolia Stamps - it is available through Diana at Magnolia Stamps which you can find on my side bar.

Thank you for stopping by and very sorry the pictures aren't better. Hope to see you later this weekend with more cards.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Many thanks to those of you who come to take a peak at my work and leave such nice comments.

Love Candy